COVID-19 Updates for parents
The school closed in March for all pupils except those defined by the government as needing places. In June we welcomed back Years R, 1,2 and 6 into school. From September we will fully reopen for all pupils depending on advice from the Government. Everything we have in place is to protect the staff and pupils and the wider community from wider spread of COVID-19. This will still be ever changing and there will be a slow and gradual return to how school life had been. I request for the safety and wellbeing of all Wessex parents follow the information and guidance to enable us to safely return to full capacity. While we gradually do this breakfast and after school clubs may not operate for a few weeks, though we are exploring the logistics and guidance on this. We will also send out a questionnaire to see how many parents will need this service if we were to be able to open it. In the meantime this page has been set up to place all the information you need regarding the school reopening in September.
Key things to know:
- There are staggered start and finish times
- Sickness and absence information regarding COVID-19
- Uniform expectations especially that children should wear trainers so we don't have lots of changing of shoes during the day for sport and PE etc. These should be white, black or grey.
- Changes to behaviour policy
- Other parent communication
This page will be updated regularly with any communications.