What is Seesaw?
Seesaw is a digital app-based platform that allows teachers, children and parents to complete and share learning.
Why do we use Seesaw?
- We found during the Summer of 2019 - 2020, Seesaw was a highly effective and motivating tool to keep children who were not in school due to Covid19 connected with their learning and their teachers.
- We want to ensure our remote education is high quality and allows the children to receive personalised feedback from their teacher.
- Pupils can complete work online and present their learning in a range of ways and work does not need to be printed out.
- It is easy to use and can be accessed on any internet enabled device.
What will the work look like on Seesaw if my child's bubble is closed due to Covid19?
- One of the benefits of Seesaw is that teachers can set a variety of tasks and are able to show videos, talk over texts and set online worksheets to complete.
- The work will be integrated to be the same as work that is completed in school and matches the schools curriculum planning.
What if we don’t have internet access or a suitable device?
- Please speak to your child’s class teacher or member of the office staff.
What else will Seesaw be used for?
- Each year group will utilise Seesaw slightly differently and this will be communicated by your child’s teacher.
- As a school, we will use Seesaw to celebrate learning that has happened in class such as artwork and Harvest celebrations.
How will children learn how to use Seesaw?
- We will show children in school how to use Seesaw.
- For more information please visit the Seesaw website.